Quality Management System
CONSULTEC is licensed to provide consulting services in the Engineering area, and is also authorized by the Ministério da Terra e Ambiente (MTA) to operate as an Environmental Consultant and Auditor.
He is also a founding member of the Associação das Empresas Moçambicanas de Consultoria (AEMC) and the Fórum Empresarial para o Meio Ambiente (FEMA), furthermore it is registered as service provider for the World Bank, African Development Bank and other international organizations.
CONSULTEC has, since 2012, the seal "Made in Mozambique", a guarantee mark of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce, attributed to national companies that respect Mozambican legislation, follow good business practices and implement quality plans.
In 2014, CONSULTEC was certified by the Instituto Nacional de Normalização e Qualidade (National Institute of Normalization and Quality) with the IS0 9001:2008 standard, updated in 2018 to IS0 9001:2015, that certifies the Quality Management System of the company for the provision of consulting services in the several engineering domains and related disciplines, involving studies, projects, supervisions, project management and audits, namely in the areas of Hydraulic Infra-Structures, Electricity, Water Resources Management, Environment and Socio-Economy, Buildings, Roads and Airports
CONSULTEC’s Quality Management System follows a policy of quality in the company that is based on the following strategic principles:
- Satisfying the necessities of the Clients, in particular, observing and making observe the requisites, the deadlines and good engineering practice, respecting the values and principles of professional ethics and a spirit of good service;
- Stimulating the competence of the Workers, attributing responsibilities, fostering work as a Team and providing the professional training necessary, ensuring adequate performance levels;
- Accompanying the evolution of the market with respect to the techniques and work processes of engineering, construction and public works;
- Eliminating or minimizing the non-conformity situations, adopting as a performance standard the tenet “do well the first time, within the deadline and at the expected cost”; and
- Implement a Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with the requirements of International ISO 9001 Standards, obtain the respective certification and continually improve the effectiveness of the system through the periodic review of the objectives and the continued involvement of all its employees.